You might have heard about this platform from many people but if you don’t know about it then don’t worry, here is a detailed blog post on What is Pinterest.
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a visual social networking site where people can find visual content in the form of Images, Videos, and GIFs. Pinterest is different from other social networking sites.
Unlike Facebook and Instagram, where people post their daily updates, selfies, and family photos – Pinterest users use this platform to find ideas that they love, save them on boards to keep their idea organized.
Pinterest is entirely driven by visuals. People engage with images, videos, and GIFs. If you ever used Pinterest, then you’ll find it highly visual. You won’t see texts as much as you see graphics. Just open it, and you’ll see eye-catching images related to vast topics like Food, Wedding, Self-help, Marketing, and anything you can think of. Pinterest has its terminology that their users use.
- An Image on Pinterest is known as Pin, and a video visual is known as video Pin, specifically.
- If a user shares an image that they find exciting, then it’s called Repin.
- We have albums for different types of photos on Facebook like that on Pinterest; we have various boards where we can save our Pins. If you find something inspiring and want to share it with your followers or save it so you can revisit it in the future, you’ll save it on your board.
- Facebook and WhatsApp have groups where you can communicate with many people. Similarly, we have boards on Pinterest, where many Pinterest users save their Pins. Such boards are known as Groups Boards. The person who owns the board is known as Board Owner, not admin, as we call it on Facebook and WhatsApp. And people who are on a particular group board are known as Collaborators. Board owners can add collaborators, or they can enable the “Request to join” button.
Pinterest users can save Pin in different ways. You can click on red Pinterest Save Button extension. If you find any article worth sharing, click on the Pinterest Extension on the top right corner of your browser and save the pins.
I like to call Pinterest Queen of social media apps. I love it. I’m using Pinterest since 2017, and from that year, I use it every day. I prefer it over any other social media out there. There’s nothing like Pinterest where you can find so many things in an organized way.
Have you ever searched Facebook or Twitter or any other social media for Wedding dresses or keto Recipes, vegan recipes, or Glass art? No. No one search this kind of topic on any other social media. Pinterest is a kind of Visual search engine, and people love it.
When Pinterest Came into Existence?
Ben and Paul were college friends. They both graduated from Yale University. Around 2008 both of them quit their Jobs and started cold brew labs. They made an app named Tote. Tote failed to gain significant traction, then Ben and Sharp teamed up with Evan to create a new app called Pinterest.
At the end of 2009, the Pinterest beta version was launched. At that time, it could only be accessed by invitation from the founders. The desktop version of Pinterest was launched in March 2010, and now Pinterest has 335 Million monthly users as if 2020.
Pinterest Stats Marketers Should Know
- Pinterest have around 80% of US women ages between 18-64 with children using their platform.
- Pinterest now have 335 million users using their platform ever month.
- 50% of Pinterest users are from the US.
- 81% of Pinterest users are Females.
- 85% of Pinners are on mobile
- Majority of Pinterest users earn more than $75,000 USD a year
- 87% of Pinners have purchased a product because of Pinterest.
- 93% of active pinners said they use Pinterest to plan for purchases and 87% said they’ve purchased something because of Pinterest.
- For 48% of users, shopping is their main priority on this platform.
- 2 Billion searches on Pinterest every month.
- 30% of all US social media users are Pinterest users.
- Average time spent on Pinterest per visit is 14.2 minutes.
Opportunity For You & Your Business
Pinterest is a great tool. Millions of users are using it every day to find more about the ideas they care about. I feel that Pinterest is a platform for growth. People use it and learn new things, learn more about their passion and hobbies. Businesses can reap lot of benefits from Pinterest.
If you are a business looking for a platform to promote your business, then you should use Pinterest. With PinsGrow you can take your Pinterest Journey to next level. Contact us today and rock on Pinterest.
If you find this post useful then you can save it for future reference on your Pinterest Marketing boards.