How to Clear Your Pinterest Feed
Pinterest algorithms sometimes don’t match our intent and they recommend pins we might not be more interested in. If you are facing similar issues and want to reset or clear your Pinterest feed, then you’ve landed on the right place.
It is not difficult to clear a Pinterest feed which is loaded with Pins, you can easily reset all pins and recent activities.
Like many other social network platforms, Pinterest is also a platform that provides users with an immersive experience to share images and interesting quotes.
Pinterest has created and pinned a feed for you based on your searches and maintains the most current activity in the search bar to get you more engaged with content.
It’s a great platform that lets you get inspired and have a visual representation of your interests as well as reminders of past discoveries. But if you want to delete all activities from your Pinterest account, you can do it by following steps given below.
How does pinterest choose your feed
Pinterest Smart Feed arranges Pins from people you follow and the Smart Feed content generator chooses which Pins to show your feed.
Smart Feed is not a fixed algorithm, it checks many factors. It learns from experience and develops with feedback and knowledge gathered from user reactions. As you may have noticed, Smart Feed may look different in the next week or month.
As Pinterest keeps updating their algorithms to enhance the user experience and to do so they focus on quality Pins. Instead of looking at all the pins that come from the content generator they just recommend you a good quality, relevant one, although freshness does play a role in pin quality.
How to Clear Pinterest Feed & Delete Your Recent Activity
If you want to clear your Pinterest feed and not be annoyed with current recommendations, you need to clear recent activities or Pinterest home feed history.
You’ll read the steps below on how you can clean up your Pinterest feed.
There are a few steps that will help you reset your Pinterest feed easily.
- First, open your web browser and type ‘Pinterest.com’, it will redirect to the website associated with your country. All you need to do is log in to your Pinterest account
- Then, click on your profile picture in the top right corner of your screen
- After that, click on the down arrow in the top right corner of your profile page
- Then, click on the down arrow followed by ‘Account settings’
- Finally, click ‘Home Feed Tuner’ to clear or reset the Pinterest feed.
After you’ve done all those things, you can switch between the Board, History, or Topics tabs to turn off recommendations based on any board or unfollow any topic used for recommendations. Or, read below for better information on how to easily switch these settings.
Turn off all “History”
You know that after making all the settings on “Tune your home feed”, you will get to the “History” tab.
- First, you have to edit your preferences
- The History tab contains your past activities on Pinterest. It tracks which pins you are interacting with and reacting to. But you can change your preferences.
- Pinterest sees you those pins that you have already seen on pinterest
- You know it also shows you pins based on your most recently viewed pins on Pinterest
- You can clear your Pinterest feed current recommendations deleting your recent activities, means you have to turn off your history
- Click on “Close all” to close your history on pinterest
Disable “Board” recommendations
Next step is to disable board recommendations. In this step you have to stop the recommendation pins.
- First of all you have to go on Boards tab by the help of clicking Boards tab
- Then you can see the boards you’ve created on Pinterest
- Pinterest will also show you boards that are based on boards you’ve previously created on Pinterest
- You want to prevent Pinterest from recommending Pins based on the boards you’ve created. then you have to turn it off
- You have to change switches from black (enable) to white (disabled)
- Finally doing all the settings as per the steps, your Pinterest feed will not have pins based on the boards you have created
Again, this is one of the best ways to fix your Pinterest home feed from outdated recommendations.
After doing disable board recommendations the obvious next step is to delete the topics that means you are following on Pinterest.
- If you’re going to the Topics tab, you’ll see several topics that you’ve selected earlier
- It will show you all topics that you follow on Pinterest
- Always remember that your Pinterest feed will contain topics you are following on Pinterest
- To clear or reset your Pinterest feed, you’ll need to remove all topics you might not be interested in
- After clicking the Remove button below each topic to remove them
- After making all these settings, Pinterest will now clear your home feed and give you new and fresh suggestions based on the remaining topics
This is the last step to clear your Pinterest feed. This step is crucial, so it is highly recommended that you follow it carefully.
- This profile tab shows you list of profiles you follow on Pinterest
- If you’re following people on Pinterest in one particular niche, your feed will be loaded with similar pins
- For example, if you’re following profiles related to cooking recipes, Pinterest discovers that you’re more interested in cooking and they start recommending similar content to your feed.
- To reset those recommendations to clear your feed, you’ll need to unfollow accounts you’re not interested in
- To do this, click the “Following” toggle button to unfollow each profile.
- Finally, do it all on the Pinterest account you don’t think they’re worth much to you.
How can I delete my search history on Pinterest?
If you want to delete all search history on Pinterest, you can do it easily by following a few steps.
- First of all, you have to click on the search bar at the top of Pinterest
- Then click on the cross (x) sign to telete to recent searches
How do I reset my Pinterest feed?
If you want to reset your Pinterest Feed, then follow these steps given below.
- Open Pinterest.com and log in to your account
- Then click on the profile picture in the upper right corner
- After that, click on the down arrow just the right side of your profile picture
- After clicking on the down arrow, click on the settings
- Under the settings, you can see a “Home feed tuner” option on the Left side just click on it
- After that, a new page will open, then you can easily switch between History, Boards, Topics and Profiles and reset them by clicking on Turn it off
How do I delete my viewing history on Pinterest?
Follow these steps, you can delete your viewing history on Pinterest.
- First of all, open Pinterest and go to Profile Icon
- Then click on the down arrow and click on settings
- After that, click on the Account setting option
- Then, scroll down until you see the Cached data option
- Finally, reset your browsing history, images, and recent activities with ease
How do I delete all my posts on Pinterest?
To delete all posts on Pinterest, you need to follow a few steps.
- First, choose a boards on Pinterest
- Then, select the pinned boards you want to delete
- After that, click on the filter icon in the upper right corner
- Then, click Select Pin to move or delete
- After doing that, select the pin to delete
- Finally, tap the delete button at the top of the board to remove the post from your Pinterest account
According to the Pinterest algorithm, there are a few factors that go into your home feed.
Mainly three factors are recent activity, people you follow, and pins you interact most.
So, if you want to change the look of your Pinterest feed, you need to follow people who match with your interests. You also have to unfollow all the people you don’t think are valuable for you.
Or you can try something new like if you want a fresh and clean Pinterest home feed, you can easily sign up and even create a new account.
After creating a new account, you will find that your feed will be reset and you can design your feed world from scratch.